Saturday, April 26, 2014

Thursday, 24th April, 2014

As per my understanding with Dr. Yasser, my co-paediatrician, I left early from home, signed into the hospital muster, paid a visit to my two indoor patients, and then left at half-past seven for Ta'if in my own car. The reason was to courier my MRCPCH examination application form to the office of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health in London! The form has now been couriered and so I am, inshallah, due to sit for the exams in September from Hyderabad, India. 

From the courier's office, I went here and there, purchasing eatables and a few other perishables to augment my stock in Al Muwayh. At about 11:05 a.m., I finally started my return journey. On the way, I stopped a few times - mainly to buy tea or coffee. At about 5 minutes after 1:00 p.m., I finally reached Al Muwayh. Before reporting to the hospital, I first went to my house and here, I unburdened myself of all the stuff I had carried in from Ta'if. Next, I went back to the hospital. I informed Dr. Yasser that I needed 15-20 minutes of aloofness so as I could cool down and shed my fatigue. Accordingly, I finished my mini-break and then went down to the O.P.D. just as Dr. Yasser was leaving.

The rest of the afternoon was relaxed. I barely saw three or four sick children, and chatted with a few nurses, had a cup of tea. Then, after the official end-of-the-day timings, I went to my upstairs room and sat there to relax further. It was at half-past-fve that I finally went home. 

The evening was typical: a bath, then some snacking (today I had a Sunfeast Pasta - cheese flavour), a lot of Times Now watching Mumbai vote for their candidates, and some Serial watching on the laptop (I saw an episode of  Breaking Bad), I next sat for my study session on Skype. Today, we had a lovely session lasting for nearly two hours. After this, I went out to purchase a few essentials, and then, I returned home for the night. There were no calls, and I went to sleep at about half past twelve in the morning of the next day.

That's all for this entry. Do read and leave behind some thoughts. Thank you. - Dr. Taher

No comments: